Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anarchy Reigns release date delisted

Anarchy Reigns release date delisted

The news from TSSZ: http://www.tssznews.com/2012/05/24/s...-release-date/

This is bad news, and ever since we stopped seeing Western trailers I've wondered if the game might not make it out of Japan. Now it looks like this might be the case. Hopefully we see a Western version of the game show up at E3; if we don't...

Can someone from PG or SEGA please comment? Or are we going to continue to be left in the dark?

Oh god no!! how horrorful!!! but not unexpected.
    Last edited by honkhonk; 05-27-2012 at 11:44 PM.

Went ahead and pre-ordered from Play-Asia. I can always just cancel that if/when something concrete is announced.

I don't import games. If this game doesn't get a US release consider my support dropped.

Quote Originally Posted by badjab326 View Post
    I don't import games. If this game doesn't get a US release consider my support dropped.
    Yeah, same here. I don't speak Japanese or have a JP Xbox.

Anarchy reigns is my most hyped game I wish sega would set a solid date but im not confident anymore since there has been zero promotions or advertising for the game.

Yeah this is all but confirmed

How is Bayonetta being delivered in Japan? Is it via an in box insert in all first print copies?

If so I'm probably going to bite the bullet and import. If it ever does come out over here I'll buy that version as well.

Is the english Platinum Side site still a WIP? It'd be pretty cool if you guys didn't give up on your western audience even if Sega has

PlatinumGames Creative Producer PlatinumGamesJP's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sth88 View Post
    Yeah, same here. I don't speak Japanese or have a JP Xbox.
    Game is fully localized. Xbox disc *should* be region free.

PlatinumGames Creative Producer PlatinumGamesJP's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Galaxy_Knuckles View Post

Is the english Platinum Side site still a WIP? It'd be pretty cool if you guys didn't give up on your western audience even if Sega has
    We won't.

Yeah expected no less from you guys really. It's half the reason I'm here to begin with.

Hopefully import data is reflected in some way to Sega allowing them to see that there is an audience for this title in the west.

I'm assuming servers aren't region locked correct?(I ask only because it's happened in other recent japanese releases.)

I'm on PS3, still can't afford to import. I will be soo disappointed if this doesn't make it to US shelves.

well it's not TOO much a big deal for me, being a webmaster of a brawler site I'll be picking up the jp version of the game regardless (usually they have different covers/manuals :P) but I do hope this gets localized. a little offtopic, will there be other stuff like an OST, collectors edition etc etc. totally worth it imo :P

Question for JP(hope you can give me an answer). Since there are two different names for the game (max anarchy/anarchy reigns), could that prevent us from accessing any future dlc on the NA or EU psn store, if "we" (ppl living overseas) decide to import from Japan??

Also, i know this has been asked before but do pre-ordered imports come with the bayo dlc?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Din View Post
    a little offtopic, will there be other stuff like an OST, collectors edition etc etc. totally worth it imo :P
    Yes, OST, please! I need it!!

Quote Originally Posted by CloudFire777 View Post
    Also, i know this has been asked before but do pre-ordered imports come with the bayo dlc?
    Play-Asia has sent out pre-order bonuses in the past, but they're very fickle about it. If you order from them (one of two options that I know of atm), don't be surprised if you get a Bayonetta code, but don't expect to get one either.

I really don't undersatnd why SEGA wouldn't rellease it in July... That was the perfect time! I'm working in a video game shop and this date was really good. Nothing since middle june, and nothing until midlle August... If SEGA waits to much Darksiders 2 will be here and AR doesn't stand a chance against it. Darksiders have already too much fan (it's easier for sequels) and a Zelda like game works better that a Japanese beat them all in EU.

And after August it'll be a suicide atempt!! The huge "army of the end of the year" will be here with all the PES, FIFA Medal of Honor, Call Of, Resident evil 6, assassin's creed... I don't see AR having a chance here....

SEGA already make the mistake once with releasing bayonetta 4 monthes after the japan in EU...and it was dramatic. Darksiders 1 (him again!!) completely out selled bayonetta who was completely ignored by peoples even with a price cut of 15€ the 1st week. Darksiders 1 selled 3 times more... And SEGA seesm to want to make a rematch??

Quote Originally Posted by Foggle View Post
    Play-Asia has sent out pre-order bonuses in the past, but they're very fickle about it. If you order from them (one of two options that I know of atm), don't be surprised if you get a Bayonetta code, but don't expect to get one either.
    Thanks for the reply dude...now just hoping JP can answer my other question, so i can go ahead and pre-order my copy.....
    Last edited by CloudFire777; 05-25-2012 at 08:18 PM.

What a shame Sega, truly awful news...I'm no jaded guy at all, but somehow it doens't sound like "woo what a surprise" too.
    There's a real community and interest with the game, Hope for some import reviews that can help creating for some buzz just like when Demon's Souls came.

I'll be importing the game too anyway. Price is a little too much, maybe some of you guys have noticed for cheaper copies elsewhere (I do want to get Bayonetta) ? If yes please share for some links.

As far as I can remember I ordered my Bayonetta japanese copy at Nin Nin Games. It was definetly cheaper (around 55 bucks) and was delivered within 5/7 days.

As for the PG Break, do you mean the track is from the guy of the Beat Junkies, if yes thats great, I can rember for some of their stuff on the "SOund Bombin 2" mixtape especially.

This was to be the summer of Anarchy Reigns.....I even booked a week off shortly after release.Guess now its the summer of Max Anarchy! Have pre order from that play asia place, I trust It'll be worth the extra 30 quid.Would just like to know the score on being able to get DLC Content if i had the jp version(asumming Bayo is dlc). Now I just need to find how one would get acess to the demo

I dont know how much i should hate sega for doing that,or if i should hate sega at all
    I've been looking forward so muchfto this game,the january delay was already a thick piece of disappointment to swallow but after seeing all the stuff added i was over it.
    Now i see literally nothing that can even justify the game's delay in the west.
    There aren't even any AAA titles in coming in july.Any other date later than that is simply intentionally hitting your thumb with a hammer and think its a good idea.
    Excuse me, ill be watching the trailers of a game i could be playing with buddies in the summer and eventually play out my frustration and anger towwards sega with the soon to come demo.

You think sega will at least try to draw some attention towards AR in E3 (and maybe even revert the delay,on successful reactionss)?
    They can't expect the game to sell well even with a delay when the last thing we've seen for the western version is the localized TGS trailer from 2011 and websites lacking 3/4s of the newly announced content,or hell,not even an available demo.

Question for JP(hope you can give me an answer). Since there are two different names for the game (max anarchy/anarchy reigns), could that prevent us from accessing any future dlc on the NA or EU psn store, if "we" (ppl living overseas) decide to import from Japan??
    As far as I'm aware when DLC is installed for a game it isn't installed into a folder titled as the game's name, the title is the ID number of the game (for example the EU release of Vanquish is BLES00927 - the B represents format of the game, L represents that it's third party, E represents that it's European region, S represents that it's a full game I think, the rest is the release number). If you have an imported copy of Max Anarchy the game's data would be stored in a folder called something like BLJM#####, if you buy DLC for the game from the US or EU PS Stores then the DLC would go into a folder specific to that region game code for Anarchy Reigns (like BLES or BLUS#####), so the Japanese import wouldn't recognise that you have the DLC downloaded as the console thinks it's a different game because it's in a differently named folder.

So the short answer is 'nope' to having EU or US downloaded DLC work with your import, but it's easy to get DLC from the Japanese store that will work with your imported game and be playable on your regular EU or US account. You just have to make a Japanese account on another user on your PS3 and buy a Japan PSN card online to purchase content from the JP Store, then the DLC would be in the right named folder (you can use the DLC on your EU/US account, so long as it's installed on your console it doesn't matter what user it's installed on).

Quote Originally Posted by Cass View Post
    As far as I'm aware when DLC is installed for a game it isn't installed into a folder titled as the game's name, the title is the ID number of the game (for example the EU release of Vanquish is BLES00927 - the B represents format of the game, L represents that it's third party, E represents that it's European region, S represents that it's a full game I think, the rest is the release number). If you have an imported copy of Max Anarchy the game's data would be stored in a folder called something like BLJM#####, if you buy DLC for the game from the US or EU PS Stores then the DLC would go into a folder specific to that region game code for Anarchy Reigns (like BLES or BLUS#####), so the Japanese import wouldn't recognise that you have the DLC downloaded as the console thinks it's a different game because it's in a differently named folder.

So the short answer is 'nope' to having EU or US downloaded DLC work with your import, but it's easy to get DLC from the Japanese store that will work with your imported game and be playable on your regular EU or US account. You just have to make a Japanese account on another user on your PS3 and buy a Japan PSN card online to purchase content from the JP Store, then the DLC would be in the right named folder (you can use the DLC on your EU/US account, so long as it's installed on your console it doesn't matter what user it's installed on).
    Thanks for the detailed info bro(much appreciated).....

was worried that this would be a problem.....i have a psn account and I'm aware that content downloaded from any psn account will work, so long as its installed on the console....the problem now is, as you stated acquiring a japan psn card, and deciding if that's the route i want to take, every time dlc is available....
    Last edited by CloudFire777; 05-26-2012 at 01:13 PM.

Thanks for the detailed info bro(much appreciated).....

was worried that this would be a problem.....i have a psn account and I'm aware that content downloaded from any psn account will work so long as its downloaded to the console....the problem now is, as you stated acquiring a japan psn card, and deciding if that's the route i want to take, every time dlc is available....
    Actually obtaining a Japanese PSN card is pretty easy, but be prepared to spend $20 on something worth 1000 yen.

Aside from Bayonetta being made more widely available sometime in the future, I'm not sure you'll need to worry about DLC with this game, though. Has P* ever released DLC (let alone paid DLC) before?

Actually obtaining a Japanese PSN card is pretty easy, but be prepared to spend $20 on something worth 1000 yen.

Aside from Bayonetta being made more widely available sometime in the future, I'm not sure you'll need to worry about DLC with this game, though. Has P* ever released DLC (let alone paid DLC) before?
    LOL idk...was kinda hoping to see a sam gideon dlc down the line or heck maybe even a raiden character dlc (after mgs revengeance comes out)...with AR you never kno

btw you mind PMing me a link for the Japan psn card...trying to weigh my options, cause 20 bucks for a 1000 yen card doesn't sound too appealing......
    Last edited by CloudFire777; 05-26-2012 at 11:44 AM.

side from Bayonetta being made more widely available sometime in the future, I'm not sure you'll need to worry about DLC with this game, though. Has P* ever released DLC (let alone paid DLC) before?
    apparently there's a golden chainsaw item that's a code that comes with bookmarks they gave out at TGS for the game.

Could be a bunch of items like that in the game in the form of DLC

All I wanna know is, since I can't import, am I basically just fucked out of this game?

That is TBC according to Sega

All I'm hoping for is that the xbox version of Max Anarchy is region free...

i supose thats a risk we're takin but im sure we'll be told if its not ahead of time.Im wondering if theres been alot of buzz in japan for this, so there'll be plenty of peeps online to whip my butt though the summer and beyond

The only plausible reason to delay this again would be to show it at E3 and get more people to know the game. Then release it at the end of July(around the 20th to the 30th) or in early August.

I really hope the demo won't be JPN exclusive. If I can download it, I'm gonna play the f**** out of it until the EU release!

Quote Originally Posted by LordMarvXIII View Post
    The only plausible reason to delay this again would be to show it at E3 and get more people to know the game. Then release it at the end of July(around the 20th to the 30th) or in early August.

I really hope the demo won't be JPN exclusive. If I can download it, I'm gonna play the f**** out of it until the EU release!
    There are no flaws to your reason for them pushing the release date back or at least I can't think of one...

Yeah,maybe they are teasing us to show some awesome well-made footage at e3(and pg is maybe playing along)and see how well it does with the audience(and maybe give out a newer demo to play) and change the date back or at least still in july.

Even if the above might be true,that TBC update is still cruel

Quote Originally Posted by The_Merchant View Post
    Even if the above might be true,that TBC update is still cruel
    I agree, Sega could at least tell PGames or us what's going right now instead of hiding in the bushes.

I agree, Sega could at least tell PGames or us what's going right now instead of hiding in the bushes.
    I think the whole Raiden Ninja thing has become embedded into their blue print.

Returning to one of the above posts it's not a wild assumption to think that taking E3 as an advantage to comprehensively market the game to a western audience in order to attract sales. It is necessary to have a thriving community after all otherwise what would be the point of playing online if there are very few people out there who purchased it. I can only see benefits if PG and SEGA utilise this move but it could have been properly executed.

I haven't spotted any AR related tweets or posts on Sega's side,
    Guys please keep a lookout should they ever post something about the game.

I haven't spotted any AR related tweets or posts on Sega's side,
    Guys please keep a lookout should they ever post something about the game.
    The last thing I read from SEGA's twitter was that they're gonna focus work on Jet Set Radio. I hope this doesn't mean that they're deciding between releasing this in the West and canceling this for the West to resume work on JSR.

https://twitter.com/#!/SEGA/status/205764695754412032

Man,I really feel bad for PG,putting much effort into this game to have everyone playing against eachother at the same time,only to be told off by sega.

Man,I really feel bad for PG,putting much effort into this game to have everyone playing against eachother at the same time,only to be told off by sega.
    Yeah, it makes me really sad. I love P* enough to spend the extra money it takes to import the game and OST just to support them. Good thing my wallet is augmented.

Blog Entries
    At this point I wouldn't be surprised to see it change publishers for NA/EU/AU.

Quote Originally Posted by SonicTHP View Post
    At this point I wouldn't be surprised to see it change publishers for NA/EU/AU.
    Does Sega own the rights to the MadWorld and Bayonetta characters? If not, I could definitely see that happening.

Does Sega own the rights to the MadWorld and Bayonetta characters? If not, I could definitely see that happening.
    But wouldn't changing publishers take forever? We would probably see the game in early 2013 then

Knows more about who works here than people who actually work here. Rikitatsu's Avatar
    Told off? Let's not jump the gun, no one said its cancelled. If we don't see it at SEGA's booth at E3, then its probably is.

Quote Originally Posted by Rikitatsu View Post
    If we don't see it at SEGA's booth at E3, then its probably is.
    uh oh...............oh well, import incoming

Knows more about who works here than people who actually work here. Rikitatsu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by honkhonk View Post
    uh oh...............oh well, import incoming
    Have you seen their line-up? AFAIK they haven't announced it yet.

http://www.gamernode.com/sega-e3-201...any-spotlight/
    Not a single mention of PG or AR...
    2 full-retail games and 4 digital titles,2 of them remakes/updates...
    Last edited by The_Merchant; 05-29-2012 at 12:05 AM.

Then again MGS Revengeance wasn't on that list either and it was said that the game was going to be at E3...

Quote Originally Posted by Shincrimson View Post
    Then again MGS Revengeance wasn't on that list either and it was said that the game was going to be at E3...
    http://www.gamernode.com/konami-e3-2...y-spotlight-2/ that's because Revengeance actually belongs to Konami,which is actually the first thing listed in their spotlight article

hmmm this is confusing if this is so that still leaves the mystery of why the AR was pushed back... Maybe it will be a secret E3 surprise lol.

http://www.gamernode.com/sega-e3-201...any-spotlight/
    Not a single mention of PG or AR...
    2 full-retail games and 4 digital titles,2 of them remakes/updates...
    They usually announce their official line up at their official blog:
    http://blogs.sega.com/
    I suggest waiting for that, just to be sure.

Might be true.
    Man,the last AR Blog Post was back in Decemeber about the first delay.
    And there's not a single word about the 2nd delay.The heck got into Sega?
    But seeing how they posted about AR for their E3 lineup in 2011,maybe we'll really see it for their line-up this year
    Last edited by The_Merchant; 05-29-2012 at 12:45 AM.