Thread: Combo system and demo soon?

Combo system and demo soon?

With the release being relatively close, do you think we can expect a demo soon?

I really want to try this game out and I think the exposure could get this game's name around more.(especially after the 12 min. battle royale vid).

Game looks amazing and is definitely not getting enough attention.

Also, do you think we could get a video explaining the combo system more? From what I've seen in the combo videos, tt seems like we have light, medium, and heavy attacks with variables that change what moves come out(Such as tilting the stick in different directions) though I'm not completely sure what with the videos being in Japanese.

A reply back would be very appreciated

PlatinumGames Creative Producer PlatinumGamesJP's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshl92 View Post
    With the release being relatively close, do you think we can expect a demo soon?
    You can expect whatever you'd like. Not going to tell you if it will actually happen though.

Also, do you think we could get a video explaining the combo system more? From what I've seen in the combo videos, tt seems like we have light, medium, and heavy attacks with variables that change what moves come out(Such as tilting the stick in different directions) though I'm not completely sure what with the videos being in Japanese.
    We are working on getting the Japanese PlatinumSide site content into English.

"Also, do you think we could get a video explaining the combo system more?"

^^^^this would be greatly appreciated more so that anything else plus confirmation of wether there is guard cancelling of combos like how a wicked weave in bayonetta could be stored by hold that button after a evade type of thing or just in general and also mutantor(see Gear of war 3)/ stats boasting element or whatever u can equip
    Last edited by ashynukkles; 05-23-2012 at 06:29 AM. Reason: ?

Guard cancelling has been pretty much confirmed by the Bull sample combo
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=P1hzStfsSDQ you can see Bull cancelling his second KW hit with a guard(which is also seen on the left)
    A video explaining all mechanics in general has been already made,but it's in japanese.
    My guess the only customizing matches you'll see is items on/off and ATEs on/off.
    Equipable Abilities have also been confirmed,accoring to an interview it's perks like faster light attacks,wider grab range and such.

Ya just need to wait till they get the Max Anarchy site localized.

i was talking more along the lines of if they block x combo can i evade or like in ninja gaiden 1 use can throw a shyruken to cancel move http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w--zz0WBFqQ

http://andriasang.com/con13q/anarchy_reigns_demo/

Demo is coming May 31s according to Famitsu! So excited for this

Oh my...I will be downloading it first thing after work

hell yea im gonna rape this demo and try and find as much broken stuff as possible
    Last edited by ashynukkles; 05-23-2012 at 12:21 PM. Reason: ?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ashynukkles View Post
    hell yea im gonna rape this demo and try and find as much broken stuff as possible
    Just for future reference, rape is not an acceptable substitute verb for play. Do it again and you will be banned. http://www.rainn.org/

i can say hell but i cant say r@!#.... just saying.... my bad either way

http://www.justpushstart.com/2012/05...ases-may-31st/
    according to this article, its releasing only in japan. Not a problem though as it is really easy to make a Japanese xbox live or psn account. Can't Wait!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ashynukkles View Post
    i can say hell but i cant say r@!#.... just saying.... my bad either way
    I'm going to assume that you don't realize what is wrong with what you did and be a bit more specific. I'm not warning you because you used a "bad word".

You can say hell as much as you want. It is something you believe in or you don't. Hell, we have the Gates of Hell in Bayonetta. It's just a word.

You can say rape as much as you want, as long as you are discussing actual rape. It is a serious word for a serious crime and it should be treated seriously.

What you cannot do is think that rape is an OK word to use to describe something other than rape. It isn't cute. It isn't funny. It certainly isn't cool. And it is absolutely not anything I will tolerate on this board. We clear?

Quote Originally Posted by Cass View Post
    http://andriasang.com/con13q/anarchy_reigns_demo/

Demo is coming May 31s according to Famitsu! So excited for this
    YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES

HELL YEAH!!!

Ah man,there we are finally getting a demo and yet it is Japan-only(for now?) T_T really breaks my heart.The game itself pretty much under the radar in the west,then to see that theres no demo for the west to maybe draw a few more thousands into the interest of getting the full game...sheesh.
    Well,gotta take what you can get,will definetly check out the demo,just hoping the west will receive as well later.

just create a japanese acct on psn or xbl

Im worried there is no demo for US. Also since amazon changed the release date before it was july 3 now its gone?? did it get delayed again

Quote Originally Posted by zen View Post
    Im worried there is no demo for US. Also since amazon changed the release date before it was july 3 now its gone?? did it get delayed again
    This greatly concerns me, too.

Question for JP (or any other Platinum folks)... let's say I was to import Max Anarchy under the worst case scenario. The only differences between the JP and EN releases are blood color, menu text language, and access to Bayonetta (probably wouldn't be able to get her from an import), yes? I'd still be able to use the English voices during cutscenes/gameplay and play online, right?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggle View Post
    This greatly concerns me, too.

Question for JP (or any other Platinum folks)... let's say I was to import Max Anarchy under the worst case scenario. The only differences between the JP and EN releases are blood color, menu text language, and access to Bayonetta (probably wouldn't be able to get her from an import), yes? I'd still be able to use the English voices during cutscenes/gameplay and play online, right?
    The game is fully localized into J-E-F-I-S languages no matter which version you buy.

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumGamesJP View Post
    The game is fully localized into J-E-F-I-S languages no matter which version you buy.
    Oh, wonderful! Thanks for the quick response.

So, the Demo coming out is great news to me. Me and my friends are so hyped, but I wondering if this demo is only for Japan and not NA come next Thursday? I'm also wondering if NA is still going to see Anarchy Reigns. The dates have gone from July 3, 2012 to TBC. This was one of my most anticipated games since last year to the start of this year, and I may sound like I'm blogging now but, I just don't want to see this not touch down in America. If push comes to shove I may just import the game, because it's only showing up for the 3rd on Xbox.

Regarding the demo there is no need to worry I believe, it might be like for Bayonetta & Vanquish challenge demo whic got first release in Japn then in Euro/us territories.

One more question please JP. I'd like to purchase a jpn version for the game (just like for your previous games I got). As I asked some time ago, will the japanese version be blood censored or not (turned to blue) ?

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumGamesJP View Post
    I'm going to assume that you don't realize what is wrong with what you did and be a bit more specific. I'm not warning you because you used a "bad word".

You can say hell as much as you want. It is something you believe in or you don't. Hell, we have the Gates of Hell in Bayonetta. It's just a word.

You can say rape as much as you want, as long as you are discussing actual rape. It is a serious word for a serious crime and it should be treated seriously.

What you cannot do is think that rape is an OK word to use to describe something other than rape. It isn't cute. It isn't funny. It certainly isn't cool. And it is absolutely not anything I will tolerate on this board. We clear?
    I've got total respect for this, just wanted to say.

on topic I do hope to see a demo as well, though I currently don't have a next gen system of my own so I guess it won't matter too much lol.

any news about what modes and what characters will be avaiable in the demo?

Quote Originally Posted by Galaxy_Knuckles View Post
    The Developer Blog seems to detail the Trial Version.

Seems to contain samples of both the Black and White sides of the story.

Network modes include Death match(1v1v1v1) and Team Death Match (4v4)

And the playable characters in these modes are Jack, Leo, Baron, Mathilda, Sasha and Garuda
    Kind of predictable,but i expected Bull instead of Garuda actually.

I think blood is same everywhere else,Enemy AI has blue blood while playable(human) characters have red blood,even before the gamescom trailer enemies had always had a slight blue hue in the blood colour while playable characters always had the dark red life juice.
    I think it fits more,there was a little text about those enemies in the Story-Gameplay roughly saying that they were suffering from biological weapons used in a war and such show signs of mutation which might explain the blue blood.

Knows more about who works here than people who actually work here. Rikitatsu's Avatar
    Aren't the enemies cyborgs? I always thought that explained the blue blood/fluid.

Yeah but they only possess leg or arm prosthetics theres still living tissue there

I think in Anarchy Reigns' lingo, if it were just prostheses, you'd call 'em "cybrids". If they're mostly machine, cyborgs, and if they're human, they're, uh, human.