Thread: Bot Match?

Bot Match?

Hi everyone! I'm a big fan of Platinum/Clover's work thus far (Bayonetta is the only game I've ever bought three times and I purchased a Wii just to play MadWorld!), and Anarchy Reigns looks like another winner. I still play all of my old favorite games from 10+ years ago (Baldur's Gate, Duke Nukem 3D, etc.) and I'm sure that Platinum's releases will share a similar fate... which leads me to my question:

Will Anarchy Reigns feature bot match versions of its game modes a la Unreal Tournament where you can play the MP offline against CPUs? 10 years down the line when the servers have been taken down by Sony/Sega/whoever, there's a good chance that I may occasionally want to play some Anarchy Reigns again. I know that there's a single-player campaign, but that seems to be a different beast altogether. I noticed in some of the gameplay videos released thus far that CPU characters do exist in MP, and I feel that a bot match kinda' thing would be an excellent and valuable asset to this great-looking game.

Thanks! Loved Vstylez' song in your new video, btw.

I second this, though I believe it wasn't a planned feature. If it is, it's a perfect opportunity for offline multiplayer

Yeah I believe this will make or break the game for me personally because I don't really go online. I know it is 99% supposed to be an online game, so really it is aimed at people who want to go online. But the addition of bots for offline would make a difference to the likes of me

PlatinumGames Creative Producer PlatinumGamesJP's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    There is an offline multiplayer simulator, aka bot mod. We'll have more details on it in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumGamesJP View Post
    There is an offline multiplayer simulator, aka bot mod. We'll have more details on it in the future.
    This is the best news I've heard in a long time! Bot match is a mode that's been missing from far too many modern games, and I'm glad to see that P* hasn't forgotten about it. Thanks for the confirmation!

Hell yeah

Yup good news indeed!

Yes please ! I have no troubles with playing online at all (I've been spending crazy long time on MGS PW) but as it is been said: being able to play the game while servers are being taken down too would be great.

Blog Entries
    Definitely good news here.

Knows more about who works here than people who actually work here. Rikitatsu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumGamesJP View Post
    Berto will rejoice (Well, me too!)